We have a current job opening for a Decor and Warehouse Logistics Coordinator! If interested, please email Audrey Newman, Senior Event Manager Decor Division at [email protected] with your interest & resume.
Job Title: Décor & Warehouse Logistics Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Event Manager in Décor Division
Location: Tolo Warehouse, 309 South Cloverdale Street, E4, Seattle, WA 98108
Schedule: In office
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Salary: Based on experience
Tolo Events creates, designs and produces award-winning live event experiences nationwide. Our approach helps our corporate and nonprofit clients to advance their mission, message and brand through memorable experiences and interactions. This position provides the unique opportunity to join and contribute to the steady and fast paced growth of Tolo Events.
At Tolo, you’ll be part of a talented, driven, engaged team, work on a variety of projects, and have the ability to become a meaningful member of our dynamic team. The ideal candidate is a clear and cool-headed communicator, super organized and highly flexible, has sharp instincts, and a solid understanding of the entire event planning process.
The Decor & Warehouse Logistics Coordinator is responsible performing all warehouse administrative tasks including delivery and receiving items for events and maintaining a clean and orderly environment. The successful candidate will exhibit dependability and willingness to work as an integral member of the Tolo Events’ team to manage complex and highly visible events. The Decor & Warehouse Logistics Coordinator is expected to take initiative, be a self-starter, and be able to work independently of others. Must maintain professionalism, show flexibility, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, and remain composed under pressure of deadlines.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain inventory of all warehouse items
• Schedule all delivery, install and pick-up staff for events
• Provide administrative support, including special projects and tasks related to each event
• Play a crucial staff role onsite at events, including load in and load out
• Manage all aspects and details of event load in and load outs including: prepping all décor items prior to events, pulling and loading event décor items, staffing load ins and load outs, checking items back into inventory, return sub-rented items in a timely manner.
• Assist in maintaining cargo van by taking it for maintenance appoints, gas, oil changes etc. Must have clean driving record which will be checked before employment.
• Maintain warehouse condition, cleaning up, emptying trash/recycle bins
• Demonstrating outstanding expertise when conducting business with clients, vendors and team members.
• Meet on a regular basis with executives and staff to discuss project progress, challenges and solutions.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service with clients and vendors.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Tolo Events’ procedures and the overall operating style of the company.
• Attend team meetings and training sessions as needed.
• Additional special projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
• Three to four years progressive experience in event planning or event design
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Lift Operator Certified
• Clean driving record in order to drive company-owned vehicle
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 21 years of age or older and able / willing to staff events that involve alcohol service
• Prioritize, manage multiple projects and effectively perform within tight time constraints
• Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment
• Highly developed organization and information management skills required
• Strong attention to detail and quality of work
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service and work with a variety of personalities
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to build relationships and work in a team environment
• Must be able to lift, manage, and carry job-related materials up to 20 pounds
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service with clients and vendors
• Commitment and ability to work on evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
• Travel is occasionally required to staff events. (include air travel and overnight stays)